- Please Read First: Directions for Applying Magnetic Skins to Appliances
- The beauty of this product is that you can center it where
you like and line it up according to your taste.
- Carefully remove skin from tube, lay it flat on a clean surface
to let soften and become pliable.
(In colder weather it will take a short time to become room
temperature so that it is not stiff)
- NOTE: Do Not Forcefully Try to Relax the Skin by Rolling it Inside
Out or By Bending it Backwards
as This Will Cause the Print or Laminate Adhered
to the Skin, to Stretch and Bubble.
- Prepare surface of appliance by making sure it is thoroughly
clean, free of dirt and any grease or residues.
- Next make a template of the front of your fridge from a large
sheet of paper or cardboard.
You may first want to watch some UTube videos to get ideas on
how best to make general templates.
The basics are tracing the outlines and breaks of your fridge
to paper. (where the freezer and fridge meet)
Then tape the template to the
skin and cut where needed.
- Use a 36” T square ruler or yardstick as a guide for cutting
the skin. For a straight cut,
cutter along the edge of the ruler when cutting the skin. Scissors can be used for non-straight cuts.
NOTE: Take Your Time, Measure
Twice and Cut Once. Check and Recheck before
When Skin is Cut it Becomes Permanent.
- Fridge handles can usually be removed so that you can
position the skin, then reattach the handles or
leave handles off and use the
door to pull open. Many customers choose
the no handle option. In some cases,
when handles cannot be removed, you may have to cut around where the handle
- If you’re not very handy with making cuts, we recommend
calling a print shop or carpet installer.
These professions are familiar with making measured cuts so items fit.
- If something is spilled or splashed onto the skin, use a damp
cloth to gently wipe clean.
any harsh soaps, detergents, abrasives or chemicals to clean skin as this may
- Note: When working
with the magnetic skin keep work area and surface of appliance completely free
dirt and small specs of dust because the magnetic skin will pick it all
- If skin appears to bubble in areas when applied to appliance,
then the magnet picked up dirt and
is imprinting (dirt imprinting though skin). If this happens, remove skin and clean magnet
and appliance thoroughly.